Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
Skunkx is a malicious software code, also known as a bot. It usually spreads via external data carriers (USB, CD, DVD) and online chat platforms (MSN, Yahoo Messenger). The following actions are carried out by Skunkx:
- DDoS attacks;
- Redirects to malicious websites;
- Downloads and installation of malicious software;
- Theft of passwords saved in browsers.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails and websites;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.