Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Android operating system.
Android.Stels is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan, which often spreads to users’ devices without their knowledge. Trojan horses can be spread via e-mail attachments. Once inside, a Trojan horse can access the list of contacts, send or intercept SMS messages, perform calls, including premium rate numbers, and download/install malicious software code.
- Install or update the used computer protection systems;
- Scan the device with an antivirus program;
- Install the latest operating system and application updates;
- Not click on any suspicious links in websites and emails;
- Before installing apps, carefully review the list of things that the app will be able to do without your knowledge.