Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows XP and 2000 operating systems.
Blaster is a malicious software code, also known as a worm, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Worms can spread via malicious email attachments. The worm scans the infected computer for certain files, such as address books, or temporary webpages, that have e-mail addresses. The worm uses the email addresses to send itself to other recipients by email, so it appears that the infected messages are received from someone you know. Worms can spread through emails or security gaps in the operating system.
- Install used computer protection system updates;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Scan the computer with an anti-virus program;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails and websites;
- Disable unwanted plugins, which may be more vulnerable.