Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
Qakbot is a malicious software code, also known as a worm, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Worms can spread via malicious email attachments and exploits. Qakbot is able to modify (delete/create/rename) system files, steal information, as well as communicate with an external network. It also leaves a backdoor on your computer through which other malicious software may be installed.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails, SMS and websites;
- Before installing programs carefully review the list of things that the program will be able to do without your knowledge;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.