Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
W32.Kelihos is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Trojan horses can spread via malicious email attachments and exploits. In addition, malware Waledac can download W32.Kelihos onto your computer. W32.Kelihos is commonly used for sending spam, creating phishing websites, spreading malware, stealing personal information, or infecting devices with other malware.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails and websites;
- Before installing programs carefully review the list of things that the program will be able to do without your knowledge;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.