Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Darkshell is a botnet, a malware created to perform Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. Darkshell installs in the System32 directory using a name similar to actual Windows OS files to make it more difficult to detect. Once it infects a computer, the malware informs the Command-and-Control (C&C) server and waits for commands to execute attacks.
If the computer is infected:
- It should be enough to just install/update anti-virus software and scan the computer.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails, SMS and websites;
- Use only trustworthy software and plugins.