Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
“Citadel” is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Trojan horses can spread via malicious email attachments and exploits. Citadel attempts to steal confidential information, information about the device, login details, information about e-banking. It can also communicate with the control center, download additional configuration files and successfully execute them, and update the software.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails, SMS and websites;
- Before installing programs carefully review the list of things that the program will be able to do without your knowledge;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.