Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Worm.Dorkbot is a malicious software code, also known as a worm. Like viruses, worms can spread by themselves. They usually infect computers via security vulnerabilities.
Once on the computer, Dorkbot opens a backdoor which allows malicious parties to remotely access the device. It also does the following:
- Tracks user activity;
- Steals login credentials;
- Downloads and installs other malicious software;
- Takes over social media accounts and sends itself to contacts;
- Infects all external data storage devices.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails and websites;
- Do not connect data storage devices to infected devices.