Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
Ramnit is a malicious software code, also known as a worm, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Worms can spread via malicious email attachments, exploits and removable drives. Ramnit can modify (delete/create/rename) system files, steal information, as well as communicate with an external network. Ramnit mainly downloads and installs malware that leaves backdoors on your device through which other malicious software can be installed.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails, SMS and websites;
- Before installing programs carefully review the list of things that the program will be able to do without your knowledge;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.