Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
Caphaw is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan, which often enters users’ devices via Skype, Facebook applications, as well as portable memory sticks. Caphaw may modify (delete/create/change) system files, steal banking information as well as communicate with an external network. It also opens a backdoor on your computer through which it can be remotely controlled.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails, SMS and websites;
- Before installing programs carefully review the list of things that the program will be able to do without your knowledge;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.