Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
Cutwail is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Trojan horses can spread via malicious email attachments and exploits. Cutwail is also known as Trojan.Pandex, and it tries to steal email addresses from the infected device. It would then send spam to those addresses.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails, SMS and websites;
- Before installing programs carefully review the list of things that the program will be able to do without your knowledge;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.
Malicious software code may have administrator rights, so a simple antivirus program may not detect it, in which case it is advisable to contact a specialist to remove the malicious code.