Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
Sality is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Trojan horses can spread via malicious email attachments and exploits. Once inside, Sality opens a backdoor on the computer, which allows other malware to be installed, or for attackers to gain remote access to the device. The attacker could then download, create, delete, and run files, access data and personal information on the computer, and disable anti-virus program.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails, SMS and websites;
- Before installing programs carefully review the list of things that the program will be able to do without your knowledge;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.