Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Fleercivet is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan. It infects computers via spam, contaminated external data carriers, or is brought about by another malware on the device. It does the following on an infected computer:
- Modifies system register;
- Inserts malicious code into your Internet Explorer browser, changes settings in other browsers;
- Infects operating system processes;
- Connects to a remote C&C (Command & Control) server, transmits information about the infected computer, and receives a list of websites;
- Runs an invisible Internet Explorer browser window where it visits sites from the received list and clicks on advertisement links.
Recommendations in case of infection:
- Scan the device with anti-virus software;
- Remove malicious plugins and add-ons installed in your browsers, and restore original settings;
- Restore the modified registry library and infected system files via System Restore;
- If you think you are not able to clean and protect your device, contact your IT specialists for help.