Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Windows operating systems.
Mayhem is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Trojan horses can spread via malicious email attachments and exploits. Mayhem leaves a backdoor on an infected computer, which allows attackers to gain remote access to the device. This could allow attackers to create, modify or delete files, as well as execute Denial of Service attacks.
- Install or update used device protection systems;
- Scan your computer with an anti-virus program;
- Install operating system and application updates;
- Do not click on suspicious links in emails and websites;
- Before installing programs carefully review the list of things that the program will be able to do without your knowledge;
- Do not save passwords in your browser’s memory.