Vulnerable computer systems and applications:
Nivdort is a malicious software code, also known as a Trojan, which often enters users’ devices without their knowledge. Trojan horses can spread via malicious email attachments. Performs the following malicious activity on the infected device:
- Steals personal data, logins to accounts, information stored in browser memory;
- Downloads and installs other malware to the infected computer;
- Modifies the Windows Hosts file;
- Records programs and processes running on your computer;
- Disables or changes computer’s security settings;
- Modifies system registry key values;
- Acts as a proxy server.
Recommendations in case of infection:
- Scan the system with anti-virus software;
- Use System Restore to restore the registry library and infected system files.