RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) is a network protocol used to communicate with a remote computer. When using RDP, the secure TLS protocol is not enabled by default.
- Change passwords regularly;
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters long, have numbers and special characters;
- Enable the use of the TLS protocol in your settings;
- Regularly update software;
- If RDP is only used on a local network, block TCP protocol’s port 3389 from the internet side;
- If RDP is used to communicate via the Internet, limit RDP service access to IP addresses, countries, and so on.