What is Zoom Error Code 10004?
Zoom Error Code 10004 is an error message that can occur when trying to use the Zoom video conferencing software. This error indicates that there is an issue with the Zoom app or the internet connection, preventing the user from joining a meeting or making a call. The error code 10004 can occur due to several reasons such as network connectivity issues, proxy or firewall settings, antivirus software, corrupted files or settings, or outdated or missing Zoom software components. It can also occur if there is a problem with the Zoom servers or if the user is trying to connect to a meeting that has already ended.
To fix the Zoom Error Code 10004, the user can try various troubleshooting steps such as checking the internet connection, restarting the Zoom app, clearing the Zoom app cache, disabling antivirus software, or uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app. If the issue persists, contacting Zoom support for further assistance may be necessary.
What Causes This Error?
Zoom Error Code 10004 can be caused by various factors such as:
- Network connectivity issues: Zoom requires a stable and strong internet connection to function properly. If there are issues with the network connection, it can cause the error code 10004.
- Proxy or firewall settings: Sometimes, proxy or firewall settings can block the Zoom app from connecting to the internet, resulting in the error.
- Antivirus software: Antivirus software can sometimes interfere with the Zoom app, causing the error code 10004. This can happen if the antivirus software is blocking the Zoom app from accessing the internet.
- Corrupted Zoom files or settings: If there are corrupted files or settings within the Zoom app, it can cause the error code 10004.
- Outdated or missing Zoom software components: If there are outdated or missing software components within the Zoom app, it can cause the error code 10004.
- Zoom server issues: Sometimes, the error code 10004 can be caused by issues with the Zoom servers. This can happen if there are server maintenance or outage issues.
Before trying our fixes, here are some things you can do:
- Power-cycle your Internet router. Unplug your router from the power outlet, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in.
- Close unnecessary background applications.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus software.
How to Fix Zoom Error Code 10004 on Windows 11
Zoom error code 10004 on Windows 11 occurs when there is an issue with the Zoom app or the internet connection. Here are some solutions you can try to fix the error:
- Check your internet connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong. A weak or unstable connection can cause error code 10004.
- Restart the Zoom app: Close the Zoom app and restart it. Sometimes, this can resolve the error.
- Clear the Zoom app cache: Clearing the Zoom app cache can help resolve issues with the app. Open the Settings app and go to Apps > Zoom > Advanced options. Click on “Reset” under the Reset section to clear the app cache.
- Disable antivirus software: Antivirus software can sometimes interfere with the Zoom app, causing the error code 10004. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and try using Zoom again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app. Go to Settings > Apps > Zoom > Uninstall. Once uninstalled, restart your computer and download and install the latest version of Zoom from the official website.
If the issue persists even after trying these steps, you may want to contact Zoom support for further assistance.